[MPlayer-cygwin] HDTV Tuner Card?

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Tue Aug 24 09:15:37 CEST 2004

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 03:02:59AM -0400, Matt Maher wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Appologies if this has been asked, but I haven't done any TV tuning with
> mplayer yet.  I was thinking of getting an HDTV tuner card for my PC,
> and was wondering if mplayer will be able to support it.  I'm thinking
> of getting the DVICO FusionHDTV 3.
> Link:
> http://www.dvico.com/products_mul_hd3.html
>
> Should this work fine?  If it will, then I plan on getting it very
> soon.  I just want to make sure it'll be compatable with the best media
> player available!!

MPlayer has no tv tuner support for windows at all.
Anything supported by video4linux should work under linux.
See tv:// syntax in the manpage.

--Joey

--
"There are trivial truths and there are great truths.  The opposite of a
trivial truth is plainly false.  The opposite of a great truth is also true."