[MPlayer-cygwin] directsound driver

Stefan Gürtler Stefan.guertler at stud.tum.de
Sun Aug 22 13:14:11 CEST 2004

> > Thanks for putting up the binary. I am just testing ao_dsound with the
> > worst audio file i have on my computer (broken mp4 files) sounds quite
> > nice. I will start with some videos soon.
> > How to actually build mplayer with ao_dsound.c?
> > I put it into libao2 folder of a MPlayer-1.0pre5 to the other ao_*.c
files
> > and tryed to compile it, but looks like I missed some parameters in the
gcc
> > commandline. If i manage to compile ao_dsound.c, how do i actually make
> > Makefile/make/gcc to link it together with the other *.o to mplayer.exe?
> > Have you edited your Makefile/configure to build ao_dsound.c
automatically
> > and can you send me a copies of thoses? In the latest version of
Makefile
> > and configure I did not finde any references to ao_dsound.c in AO_LIBS.
> >

> Ok not the thing that will go in cvs but it will do. Apply the following
> patch. And change libao2/config.mak after you run configure to
> OPTIONAL_SRCS =  ao_win32.c ao_dsound.c
> OPTIONAL_OBJS = ao_win32.o ao_dsound.o
>
> Sascha

I will try later on.
I have tested the binary that you have provided with some avis on my
computer (PIII running windows98 and DirectX9 installed).
There are no problems with stuttering or sync even without the autosync
parameter given here. Neither are there any problems with one mpeg music
video.

Stefan