[MPlayer-cygwin] directsound driver

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Aug 21 19:37:46 CEST 2004

Sascha Sommer writes:

> > > Is the audio ok in case of the frame dropping?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > > If you also get this with the attached version increase MIN_CHUNK_SIZE
> >
> > Yes, it happens with the attached version as well.  I increased
> > MIN_CHUNK_SIZE to 32768, this helped.
>
> Do you really need to go that high? Or is it just some random (same as
> BUFFERSIZE) value?
> 4096 is definitly ok here. Tryed with many files and a dvd.
>
> > > Also try if autosync 100 improves the framedropping.
> >
> > It helps.
> >
> > With both increased MIN_CHUNK_SIZE and -autosync 100 it works mostly,
> > but there are still occasional jumps and a bit of framedropping.
>
> I hope you are not playing mpeg1/2 videos with the "updated" libmpeg2.
> It gives cherky video for me.

Yes, I am and adding -vfm ffmpeg to the command line helps, but not
much.

> The sound is ok with the version. Even sync is almost 100% perfect (without
> autosync). So maybe
> the soundcard drivers are playing games with us again.
> I would really be interested in more test.

I'll do any and all tests you want me to.

> Attached another version with some cleanup and seeking fix.

This version is improved a bit.

It works perfectly now under MinGW with

  -autosync 100 -vfm ffmpeg -ao dsound

under Cygwin I still get framedrop and occasional jumps, though not as
bad as before.  Increasing MIN_CHUNK_SIZE to 32768 (I chose this just
as an arbitrary value) helps a bit.

The problematic sample I am using is the following:

http://mplayerhq.hu/~diego/prodigy90_med.mpg

Diego