[MPlayer-cygwin] directsound driver

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Fri Aug 20 16:37:02 CEST 2004

On Thursday 19 August 2004 11:13, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> On Monday 16 August 2004 01:49, Szecsi Gabor wrote:
> > Nah, here's a newer version of my directsound driver. It will not work
> > correctly, I have some problems about understanding what mplayer does
> > really. If anyone could take a look at it and check whether I used the
> > play() get_space() and get_delay() functions good or not. I think the
> > other parts of the code are good.
> > I think the play() function should feed the correct(!) amount of sound
> > data to the ao driver, and uses the get_delay and get_space routines
> > to keep sync. Then what's bad?
> > I don't use ringbuffer and other complicated things as directsound
> > supports circular buffering, so the only thing we have to take care of
> > is that the buffer should be full. Simple streaming.
> > Please someone take a look at it. Maybe I'm just too tired to get it
> > work...
>
> Any progress. Sorry, but did not yet have time for it. I will try to look
> into it later on today. I only saw that it is repeating one second of audio
> for me? Sometimes it is skipping a lot of data.

Sorry for replying to my own mail.
Attached is an ao dsound that plays audio and video files fine for me.
I did not test it very well. I also did not clean up the code.
The biggest difference to the original version is that I removed the thread
dependency and that it works, at least for me.
I don't think we will need them and as you know threads should be prevented in
MPlayer. Gabor, I leave it to you to finish it and implement channel
swapping, clean up the source etc.

Sascha