[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Help! New user, no picture...

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Wed Aug 18 05:38:53 CEST 2004

>>> I've just installed the latest version of mplayer available from
>>>ftp://ftp1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/ .I am able to play
>>> movies in full screen mode, but when I try and run in windowed mode, I
>>>just get a black window with no movie - sound still plays fine. I *am*

theater mode does some special voodoo... i run in clone mode and switch
between monitor and tv primary/secondary (sets overlay on for one at a time)
currently cant have overlay on both displays at the same time with ati tv out

turn off theater mode and set monitor primary, then you should get gl2 work
-ing.

>>> able to get a proper movie if I disable my hardware acceleration using
>>> dxdiag.exe ; however using -vo directx:noaccel doesn't work. I am also
>>> able to get a picture (no frame around it though) using -vo gl2.

-vo directx:noaccel does not work because its not a software-only decoder
like -vo x11 is... i'm not sure exactly what it does.

>>> I'm running Windows XP and have a Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb graphics card. I
>>> have just installed DirectX 9.0c (to play Doom :)
>>
>> This may be the culprit, or may not be.. Are you by any chance also
>> running sp2? Try a different version of the catalysts.. I recommend
>> the omega drivers, available at www.omegadrivers.net . Other than
>> that, check your overlay settings. It's a strong possability that
>> overlay is disabled for some reason.

>Hello again,

>Will give the Omega Drivers when I get home.

hmm, i dont think this will help unless they change how tv-out works with ati
good luck. check out this thread, it tells what settings other people use
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-cygwin/2004-June/001175.html
long thread, it goes into july too. hope this helps, good luck.