[MPlayer-cygwin] mencoder under Windows

Eleftherios Gkioulekas lf at amath.washington.edu
Tue Aug 17 16:50:53 CEST 2004

I hope that the following question is not off-topic.  I tried earlier to use
mencoder-1.0pre5 (mingw binary distribution) and found that it crashes
depending on what options I call it with.  Is this a problem that is
particular to the binary distribution that I've used? Will I have better
luck if I compile it myself using cygwin? I'm using Windows XP professional
SP1, but I'm planning to upgrade to SP2. I'm also wondering if it will help
to upgrade to DirectX 9.0. If it is in fact possible to do a two-pass
encoding from dvd to mpeg4 with mencoder under Windows I would like to know
that in advance.

Elef