[MPlayer-cygwin] Audio problems

Chris Taylor chris at equate.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 17 12:46:39 CEST 2004

On Tue, August 17, 2004 6:32 am, Matt Maher said:
> I'm trying to play some Matroska (MKV) files with mplayer, and I'm
> having strange problems with the audio.  The wrong things will be in the
> wrong channels.  For instance, throughout the entire video, all the dialog
> is in the left channel and all the music and sound effects are in the
> right.  I believe the audio stream is AAC, so that may be a problem.
>
> Any solutions?
>

> -Matt

Do you have a linux machine you can test the file on, in order to check if it's the matroska/aac stuff or cygwin specific?
Also, have you tried using another player, such as media player classic with the matroska/aac directshow codecs installed?

--
<JHM> AIX - the Unix from the universe where Spock has a beard.