[MPlayer-cygwin] vcd support?

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon Aug 2 05:46:27 CEST 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 03:27:07AM +0000, Erik Augustson wrote:
> I was just curious if anyone had looked into adding vcd support under mingw,
> and possibly cygwin if it's not there. I tried myself, but i pretty much
> suck at programming. To me at least, it just looks like several ioctl >
> ioctlsocket(?), and CDROMREADTOCENTRY/HDR > IOCTL_CDROM_READ_TOC (see
> <ddk/ntddcdrm.h>, and CDROM_MSF > IOCTL_CDROM_CURRENT_POSITION switches.
> There are a couple of <linux/cdrom.h> structs referenced, which is where
> i get lost. Anyone had any success?

Looked into it, took a shot at it.  I had no docs either on vcds or the
windows api.  So I was pretty much shooting in the dark based on headers
and other platforms' vcd source code.

I also looked into vlc's code for this, but was too confused/lazy to get
it working.

All in all, it's not impossible.  Nobody's bothered is all.  I think
a good windows reference and some vlc code is probably your best bet.
Maybe just the reference, though.  Sometimes looking at vlc code is
confusing because they do a lot of things very differently from MPlayer.

Good luck.  Maybe you should pay someone to do it.  (But not me.  I've
already got a $20 dollar donation burning a hole in my conscience... I
got payed for vaporware last semester.  [To my patient patron: it's
coming soon, I swear.  I'm really going to finish it.] )

--Joey

--
Me: "Isn't Kennedy as real as Colonel Sanders?"
Chad: "... Which Kennedy?"