[MPlayer-cygwin] Quicktime-Audio failes on new files...

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Fri Apr 30 19:28:49 CEST 2004

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 10:36:49PM +0200, christian @ i-net wrote:
> after compiling and testing the new cvs-release i watched some
> testmovies and found out, that audio for (new) quicktime files is
> not working.
> Older files work (matrix rev., lord of rings...), but newer files
> (spiderman2-trailer) not.

Do these older files use the same audio codec?

> Opening audio decoder: [qtaudio] QuickTime Audio Decoder
> failed loading dll
> ADecoder preinit failed :(
> ADecoder init failed :(
> Cannot find codec for audio format 0x324D4451.
> Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

Make sure that your codecs are installed in the path in which MPlayer
was configured to look for them.  Also, QuickTime.qts must be in your
windows system32 directory.  I believe that the dlls may have this path
hardcoded.  In any case, you won't get qt dlls working unless you put a
copy of QuickTime.qts in system32.

It sucks, blame Apple.
If it's not documented, blame us.  :)

Thanks,