[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: colorspaces vs graphics cards

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Tue Apr 27 08:01:08 CEST 2004

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 09:05:25PM +0200, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> I think it is ok as it is now. The case where RGB is faster that YUV is very
> rare and

It's the case on every video card among my 8 roommates...

> YV12 vs. YUY2 should only give minor differences in speed for most cards.

For me, the difference between YUV spaces can be as much as 30% of my
CPU according to task manager.  (933MHz Crusoe)

> To get the best performance you will always have to install mplayer yourself
> and play with the options.

Agree.

--Joey

--
"Living in the complex world of the future is somewhat
like having bees live in your head.  But, there they are."