[MPlayer-cygwin] colorspaces vs graphics cards

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Sun Apr 25 08:05:19 CEST 2004

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 05:34:10PM -0800, Sycotic Smith wrote:
> Maybe instead, there should be a 'format=test' option that tests each
> one and reports which is fastest/optimal for your system. I see the
> point that each codec may have a different optimal cs, this could be
> used with the file to be tested, or with a -vc to test the codec you
> will use.

This seems very difficult to implement.  And it certainly does not
belong in a filter, since the filter chain can't renegotiate
colorspaces (IIRC).  Also, the results depend on the vo as well, since
the chain of conversions needed to make the vo happy will have a
definite effect on the resulting speed.

If you'd like to volunteer to try this... be my guest.

(And please don't top-post.)

--Joey

--
"Of the seven dwarves, the only one who shaved was Dopey.
That should tell us something about the wisdom of shaving."