[MPlayer-cygwin] Is there any other way to make osd/subtitles outside the movie without using "expand" parameters??

Lomeoh s882253 at mail.yzu.edu.tw
Wed Apr 14 15:16:53 CEST 2004

I don't want the subtitles to be drawn onto the picture, but under/above it.
But I found that, if I use "expand=XX" parameters, this will make my PC play some xvid video become a little lag. If I remove "expand=XX" parameters, it will become very smooth.
So here comes the question, is there any other way to make osd/subtitles outside the movie without using "expand" parameters??

P.S.Sorry for my poor English...