[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: New Feature Request: Where?

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Tue Apr 13 18:02:43 CEST 2004

>Hi again,
>Thanks for your prompt reply Sascha.
>I guess you get the picture from what Stefan Gürtler wrote.
>We have a workaround for it but it keeps failing.
>We're using makeAVIS from Milan Cutzka (I believe that's how it spell his
>name) that is usually bundled with FFvfw and later with FFdshow.
>This makeAVIS builds a small fake AVI that we throw on MEncoder.
>But as I say that is not an ideal solution because it crashes sometimes.
>I believe the problem lies in makeAVIS because I've never seen MEncoder
>crashing with "real" AVIs or with VOBs.
>I already use Mplayer as my player of choice for a couple of months.
>Now I'd like to use MEncoder as my encoder of choice but we really need
>Avisynth support like in FFvfw or the new QuEnc by Nic of www.doom9.org,
all
>libavcodec based encoders.
>Thanks for your time.

The problem is that avisynth scripts make use of dshow features etc.. Adding
support
for mencoder won't happen anytime soon, because mencoder is based on
completely different apis.
At least I won't add support for those scripts. Instead you should
find out what you are really missing. There are lot of filter already and it
probably won't
be difficult to port other filters. Mencoder already support encoding from
nearly every format
into various other formats. So what is the goal of these scripts? The edit
feature?