[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: New Feature Request: Where?

rds_correia rds_correia at sapo.pt
Mon Apr 12 01:43:06 CEST 2004

Sascha Sommer <saschasommer <at> freenet.de> writes:

> > Hi there,
> > I have been using MEncoder under win32 for the past months along with a
> bunch
> > of guys from www.kvcd.net/forum and I have some feature request to make.
> > I just don't know where to write it...
> > Here goes: would it be possible to play/encode *.avs sources that would
> come
> > from Avisynth scripts?
>
> Are the avs files real media files that contain video data or are they only
> scripts?
>
> Sascha

Hi again,
Thanks for your prompt reply Sascha.
I guess you get the picture from what Stefan Gürtler wrote.
We have a workaround for it but it keeps failing.
We're using makeAVIS from Milan Cutzka (I believe that's how it spell his
name) that is usually bundled with FFvfw and later with FFdshow.
This makeAVIS builds a small fake AVI that we throw on MEncoder.
But as I say that is not an ideal solution because it crashes sometimes.
I believe the problem lies in makeAVIS because I've never seen MEncoder
crashing with "real" AVIs or with VOBs.
I already use Mplayer as my player of choice for a couple of months.
Now I'd like to use MEncoder as my encoder of choice but we really need
Avisynth support like in FFvfw or the new QuEnc by Nic of www.doom9.org, all
libavcodec based encoders.
Thanks for your time.
Cheers