[MPlayer-cygwin] more recent win32 builds?

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 27 00:46:57 CET 2003

Now, win32 builds need cygwin1.dll to work, which is bad.
You must get it from cygwin.com and this makes a dependance.

Using the -mno-cygwin allows no need of the cygwin1.dll at all and
gives full windows compatibility.

The only thing that stops mplayer to compile with -mno-cygwin is
libpthread, not supported by mingw.Now Sacha says it isnt needed...
<grin>

 --- Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> a écrit : > I don't understand.
Please explain yourself in more detail.
> Thanks
>
> Diego
>

> Sylvain Petreolle writes:
>  > if this true, this is very good news !!
>  > we must modify the configure script then, which actually stops
>  > any compilation with -mno-cygwin because of that...
>  >
>  >  --- Sascha Sommer <saschasommer at freenet.de> a écrit : > > is
>  > libpthread.a available in MinGW ? its also needed to compile on
>  > > > windows.
>  > > > >
>  > > Yes, but I think it is not needed.
>  > >
>  > > S. Sommer

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net) ICQ #170597259
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.