[MPlayer-cygwin] Is it worth compiling mplayer forperformanceimprovement?

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sat Jul 5 15:46:35 CEST 2003

> > Can you confirm that there is a line "autosync=100" in your
mplayer/config
> > file?
> > If not add it there.
>
> I know this parameter but, as the movies never loose A-V sync,  I do not
> have it in my config.

Add it and try again. Your system should be fast enought to play almost all
files
but without this option it is possible that some frames are displayed to
early or
to late.

> So it is woth a try to compile mplayer (without runtime-cpu-detection) for
> my personal use, and then try to track down the bug in the
> runtime-cpu-detection.

I found the problem.

> I already had a look on the homepage of mingw, but i think it will take
> quite a lot of time till i have set up everything for compiling. Did you
do
> a small HOWTO on mplayer compiling under windows? On linux i do not have
> problems compileing mplayer, but up to now i do not e.g. understand how to
> build the mingw-gcc from the source provided on
> http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml without already having a gcc for the
> first stage of compilation. ( I compiled gcc on linux myself, therefore i
> know that a new gcc has to be compiled by an already existing gcc in the
> first stage, before the new compiler can then build itself in the second
and
> third stage).

The easiest thing would be to use the binary packages from mingw.org.
To get mplayer compiled you also need all the updates they provide and
dx7header as well as sys/types.h from
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/contrib/
You also have to install msys.
Then you can ./configure mplayer with the msys console.