[MPlayer-cygwin] Is it worth compiling mplayer forperformanceimprovement?

Stefan Gürtler Stefan.guertler at stud.tum.de
Sat Jul 5 15:28:33 CEST 2003

> > It is possible that this is different for pentium3.
> > The problem for all faster machines is that the runtime cpudetection
seems
> > to be buggy on
> > windows and doesn't detect SSE (maybe also 3dnow etc.). It would be cool
> if
> > someone with p3 or later could fix this because enabling those may give
> > bigger performance gains.
>
> Hm, try this one, but be carefull it is not tested at all and may crash
your
> system.
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/experimental_sse.zip

SSE is detected, now:

MPlayer dev-CVS-030630-12:15-3.2 (C) 2000-2003 Árpád Gereöffy (see DOCS)

CPU: Intel Pentium III Katmai/Pentium III Xeon Tanner (Family: 6, Stepping:
3)
Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
Compiled with Runtime CPU Detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!

I will start testing this buil with several files.

Stefan