[MPlayer-cygwin] Is it worth compiling mplayer for performance improvement?

Stefan Gürtler Stefan.guertler at stud.tum.de
Sat Jul 5 12:48:01 CEST 2003

Hi Sacha
I have an PIII-550 and sometimes (especial on camara moves) the playback of
a movie is not smooth.
Just a question. If i compile mingw-mplayer for my computer, will there be a
significant performance improvement?
I habe the M$ Visual Studio v.6 compiler, as far as i know there is a
special gcc-compiler for mingw and maybe i can get hold of a intel compiler.
Which compilers could be used? I heard that the intel compiler producer very
fast code. Did anybody succeed in using it for compiling mplayer (linux or
win32)?

Ciao sagt Stefan