[MPlayer-cygwin] compiling mplayer : pthread problems

r raffi at media.mit.edu
Sat Jul 5 07:33:03 CEST 2003

> > ./configure --disable-mpdvdkit --with-extraincdir=/usr/include/mingw
>
> Why --with-extraincdir=/usr/include/mingw ?
>
> If you want to have the cygwin version you have to use the cygwin
> headers. If you want the mingw version use msys to configure and mingw
> to compile mplayer.
>
> This version doesn't need libpthread. Probably a static version is not
> possible with cygwin.

for some reason my cygwin install does not have inttypes.h in
/usr/include.  i searched the archives, which suggested it may be in /etc
under a different name - but alas, it was not there.

a simple 'find . | grep' yielded it in /usr/include/mingw, so i included
that dir also for include files just to get past that hang up in the
configure script, but then the next hang up is in the

gcc: unrecognized option `-pthread'

which i can't seem to get around.  i'm trying to compile any version of
mplayer with cygwin 2.340.25.