[MPlayer-cygwin] libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO

Samuel Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Fri Jan 24 19:23:27 CET 2003

mplayer -dvd <title> -dvd-device d:
does NOT work with recent releases, you must do:
mplayer -dvd <title> -dvd-device \\\\.\\d:
or
mplayer -dvd <title> -dvd-device '\\.\d:'

Further has anyone got it to actually play dd's lately?
I still get: various failures like this, even with rc3:

DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x10105230
system stream synced at 0xD (13)!
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
==> Found video stream: 0
MPEG-PS file format detected.
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
==> Found subtitle: 0

Sam

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 24 19:06:40 CET 2003

ok, I will try it.  astonishing, since trying with dvd-device=a: makes
read attempts on the disk drive.
another missing doc update ? from www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS :

DVDs also work, just set the DVD device correctly to whatever your
CD-ROM device is:

mplayer -dvd <title> -dvd-device d: