[MPlayer-cygwin] official win32 package?

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 20 05:12:03 CET 2003

I tried it months ago but it didn't compile... (will give it a newer
try)
particularily if you think that we try to emulate dlls loading.
the loader code shouldn't be compiled even if we want to use dll calls.
the mingw code that is used to compile permits then to distribute a
.exe thats doesnt needs cygwin1.dll anymore and recognize only windows
paths.

what -vo's can be used, since windows isnt a X11 application ? is there
a directx vo other than SDL ?

regarding the POSIX calls question, cygwin gives a strict POSIX
emulation layer.
> > > you can compile a program to not use the cygwin dll, with the
> option
> > > -mno-cygwin.
> >
> > Did you try that with MPlayer?  How does it work exactly?
>
> of course it won't compile, since mplayer is using POSIX calls and
> not MSVC
> functions... so you need the cygwin posix emulation layer or you need
> to do
> a real win32 port, by replacing fopen() by CreateFileA() and so on...
> afaik the xbox mediaplayer guys do just that.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".