[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Latest cvs also fails dvd's, wants libdvdread ?

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri Jan 10 16:26:06 CET 2003

> Sorry for breaking the threads, but for some reason I haven't been getting
> messages although I was subscribed, and had to read from the message
> archive.
> I've re-subscribed so we'll see how it works now.
>
> Sycotic, in answer to your question:
> ./configure --disable-win32
> shows: Checking for Win32 DLL support ... no
>
> ./configure
> also shows: Checking for Win32 DLL support ... no
>
> This is with cygwin only a couple of days old with gcc3.2

For whatever reason, they *had* it changed to say it doesn't work on this OS/architecture style warning message...  If you look at the cvs-log, I'm sure you'll see what I mean.  It is entirely possible I made it do that at one point and am mistaken, I don't have time to check cvs-log myself right now.

> Is this related to the scrambled DVD suggestion?
>
> In the meantime I'm trying old cvs snapshots as time allows start from the
> oldest till I find one that plays dvd output under windows; I hear someone
> had it working in July/August although the oldest snapshot available is
> September.
>
> Should I be looking for this to have succeeded in older versions?  It also
> fails on CVS snapshot for 1st Sept 2002
>
> Do we think cygwin win32 dll support is actually broken or is it an autoconf
> problem or a configure.in problem?
>
> Sam

/S. Smith