[MPlayer-cygwin] Seek error during DVD playback, 3rd large VOB file

Emmanuel Crouvisier twingles at twingles.com
Tue Feb 18 22:38:39 CET 2003

I've discovered a bug, but I'm not sure if it is isolated to my system or
not since I haven't been able to come up with anything in my web/archive
searches.

DVD playback is working great with mplayer 0.90rc4-3.2 in my cygwin
environment, as is seeking in all increments. But only until the DVD gets
to the third 0.99gig VOB file.. once the DVD player gets to that magic
file (as well as later files), as soon as I try to seek with my keyboard
shortcuts, the DVD starts from the beginning.

Similarly, if I try to start playing from a chapter that appears in that
file or later in the film, I immediately get a "Seek error" and mplayer
just drops me back to my shell.

This happens on both region 1 DVDs (which my dvd player is set to), as
well as region 2s and region 8s, and even region-frees, so the problem
seems to be independent of that fact.

It's not an actual DVD problem either, as I can actually play one of these
later files on the region free DVD just fine. But when I launch the dvd
player like normal (with -dvd 1), it's the same thing every time, and it's
always from the 3rd 0.99gig VOB file onwards.

Any thoughts on the subject, or how I might be able to go about debugging
it further?

Thank you,

Emmanuel