[MPlayer-cygwin] mp3lame encoding

Emmanuel Crouvisier twingles at twingles.com
Thu Feb 13 16:05:22 CET 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Sycotic Smith wrote:

> For starters, I had this at the beginning too, I had to symlink ld.exe
> to ldd and it worked fine for me.  Even cleared up other things that
> were not found.  Try that and send results.
> The other thing that helps me, don't recall if you use it, but I add
> --with-extralibdir=/usr/local/lib to my configure line.

I just tried both suggestions, and symlinking ldd did nothing, but adding
the --with-extralibdir parameter to the configure line made mplayer find
lame perfectly! Rejoice. Seems a bit odd since when I did a verbose output
of that part of gcc, it was supposed to also look in /usr/local/lib, but
apparently this parameter does something special.

Hopefully this will help out some other folks. Used a straight
out-of-the-box configure for lame, and with the extralibdir parameter to
mplayer, all works perfectly.

Many thanks!

- Emmanuel