[MPlayer-cygwin] About LIRC support - use remote control from your TV tuner for Cygwin-MPlayer

Alexander Belozerov pail at hotmail.ru
Thu Dec 11 22:35:14 CET 2003

[A.B.] On Inet I've found a lirc port to windows - winlirc
(http://winlirc.sf.net)
Also a lot of win programs for remote devices
(the best I think is SlyControl http://slydiman.narod.ru)
has WinLirc Server Plugins (can be used as winlirc server)

Basic Difference between LIRC and WinLIRC
# Client/Server Communications
LIRC can use both UNIX-domain sockets and TCP/IP sockets for
client/server communications. Since UNIX-domain sockets don't exist
under Windows, only Internet-domain (TCP/IP) sockets are used. The
WinLIRC server listens on TCP port 8765 by default. Client/server
communications are otherwise identical (with a few exceptions).

(from http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/differences.html)

MPlayer's lirc support based on liblirc_client
and file lirc-x.xx/tools/lirc_client.c
I've compiled MPlayer with lirc support under Cygwin,
but my C++ knowledge is bad, so can anyone edit lirc_client.c for use
with TCP port 8765

Thanks a lot.
Alexander Belozerov aka Pail White

P.S. Excuse my English.