[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: DVD playback under Cygwin

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Aug 25 02:14:03 CEST 2003

Diego Biurrun writes:
 > What is scrambled?  Video works for me (with the patch applied), but
 > sound is only white noise..
 >
 > Does anybody have a clue what might be going on there?  -v output attached.

Hmm, I always compile with --enable-3dnowex on a K6-2.  After
compiling with --enable-3dnow the problem went away.  After doing some
STFW on amd.com I found out that only the + versions of the K6-2 and
K6-III feature 3dnowext instructions

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_1260_1288%5E1022~1845,00.html#1853

So I got confused because I have a K6-III+ at home and and tested with
a K6-2.  Well, problem solved then.

Diego