[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Ogg Ggm support

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed Aug 20 19:50:08 CEST 2003

Moritz Bunkus wrote:

>>>Who wrote this BS :) ??? Hopefully not Mosu himself ?? LOL .....
>>>

>>Gabucino wrote it.  What's the problem?  I would like to correct it if it is
>>wrong.
>>

>Chris, I don't think this section is wrong. It CAN contain any video or
>audio codec. And you DO need libogg and libvorbis if mplayer's ogg/ogm
>support is to be used.

All true, but OGM is not and has never been an official Xiphophorus
project, but is the work of an individual named Tobias Waldvogel. Sure,
they have uploaded his sourcecode meanwhile to Xiph CVS, but OGM itself
is not supported in any Xiph library, and it will also never be IMHO (
although this is just my personal opinion ).

Christian