[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Ogg Ggm support

ChristianHJW christian at matroska.org
Mon Aug 18 02:20:22 CEST 2003

Sascha Sommer wrote:

>>Hi Sascha, Diego and co.
>>I would like my MinGW-Port to be able to playback .ogg and .ogm files.
>>documentation.html states:
>>(statically linked) libs like the dlls, too?
>>The same goes for libfaad2 and Matroska. Sven was wondering how to get
>>The documentation about matroska is quite poor, too. But I need libebml
> and
>>libmatroska, right? What about includes? All i found up to now is
>>http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/.
>
> Are these libs also available as windows .lib files? It could be possible
> then to generate
> .a files to which we can link to.
>
> Sascha

libmatroska/libebml 0.5.0 are available for download from

http://matroska.free.fr/downloads/libmatroska   and
http://matroska.free.fr/downloads/libebml

as tarballs and should compile fine in various GCC versions, VC6++,
mingw and cygwin .

If you have problems compiling mplayer with matroska support on cygwin,
ask mosu, the author of the mplayer playback patch via email : mosu at
matroska.org, or join irc.corecodec.com , #matroska and talk to him
directly .

Christian

BTW :

Stefan Gürtler wrote:
 > Hi Sascha, Diego and co.
 > I would like my MinGW-Port to be able to playback .ogg and .ogm files.
 > documentation.html states:
 >
 > 2.1.1.12 OGG/OGM files
 > This is a new file format from Xiphophorus. It can contain any video
 > or audio codec, CBR or VBR. You will need to have libogg and libvorbis
 > installed before compiling MPlayer to be able to play it.

Who wrote this BS :) ??? Hopefully not Mosu himself ?? LOL .....