[MPlayer-cygwin] compiling mplayer with freetype?

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sat Aug 9 20:38:59 CEST 2003

> Hi,
>
> i'm using mplayer for a while now. i'm compiling the cvs snapshots unter
> cygwin (non-mingw) and it really works good.
>
> I'd like to improve my skills in compiling mplayer. I remember that you
> guys released a cygwin-build some time ago. I'd really like mplayer to
> be part of the official cygwin-distribution. So i'm perhaps going to
> offer myself on the cygwin-mailinglist to get the mplayer package
> maintainer.

That would be great.

> So what did you guys compile into the mplayer-builds you offered some
> time ago? first i noticed a freetype.dll which i just don't have. so
> some questions:
>
> - where to get a cygwin freetype package?
> - any special configure switched i should use? (e.g. runtime cpu
detection)
> - how to add quicktime audio support (video works fine)

The freetype thing is a bit tricky. I'm using their binary packages. Afair I
had to adjust
freetype-config to get freetype detected by configure. In my opinion a
cygwin binary package
should be
- compiled with runtime cpudetection
- binary real, dmo, dshow, quicktime codec support (wait until we applied
the patch to get them loaded from /usr/local/lib/codecs)
- freetype support
- ogg, faad, libavcodec support