[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: compiling mplayer with freetype?

Sven Köhler skoehler at upb.de
Thu Aug 7 16:19:00 CEST 2003

> - I think the audio support is ok... but You might have problems with
> certain codecs... I could not
>   play some trailers and the Animatrix episodes - available for free
> -... the FAAD codec should
>   have solved it, but I did not build it on my system.

Audio of Quicktime-Movies doesn't play. I've tried many trailers from
apple.com.

Requested audio codec family [qdmc] (afm=qtaudio) not available (enable
it at compilation)
*** Try to upgrade /home/Sven/.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
*** If it still does not work, read DOCS/en/codecs.html!
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x324D4451.

So where can i find the "FAAD" codec? I'd like to give it a try.