[MPlayer-cygwin] compiling mplayer with freetype?

Sven Köhler skoehler at upb.de
Thu Aug 7 15:54:42 CEST 2003

Hi,

i'm using mplayer for a while now. i'm compiling the cvs snapshots unter
cygwin (non-mingw) and it really works good.

I'd like to improve my skills in compiling mplayer. I remember that you
guys released a cygwin-build some time ago. I'd really like mplayer to
be part of the official cygwin-distribution. So i'm perhaps going to
offer myself on the cygwin-mailinglist to get the mplayer package
maintainer.

So what did you guys compile into the mplayer-builds you offered some
time ago? first i noticed a freetype.dll which i just don't have. so
some questions:

- where to get a cygwin freetype package?
- any special configure switched i should use? (e.g. runtime cpu detection)
- how to add quicktime audio support (video works fine)