[MPlayer-cygwin] MPlayer MINGW32 porting status

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sat Apr 5 10:02:57 CEST 2003

Hi,
Today I successfully compiled mplayer with mingw32.
If you want to run configure on msys you need the attached patch.
The following things are currently broken or disabled:
- cache is disabled because it uses fork()
- slave mode does not work: It requires own read function, because there is
no posix compatible select() available
- vf_bmovl disable: select() and other posix stuff
- mf doesn't work: requires glob()
- console input does not work with msys console: it works with cygwin and
windows console; Probably there is some stdin redirection problem
  because cygwin mplayer doesn't work with msys, too
- streaming does not work
- some libavcodec files do not compile because they include windows.h which
has its own DATADIR
  see attached patch for a quick workaround: better would be to rename our
DATADIR to maybe MPDATADIR
- HOME environment variable is not set
- lots of warnings (_MAX_DRIVE, _MAX_FNAME, _MAX_PATH, ...): easy to fix but
require to patch loader/wine/
  may make syncing to avifile harder
- -autosync 100 may make playback more fluent
- win32 codec support: Alex ?

Enough for the moment.
Feel free to send more bugreports.
Even better would be some patches for the above issues.

Sascha