[MPlayer-cygwin] gdb on cygwin

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Thu Nov 28 17:58:36 CET 2002

Hi,

I was trying to debug mplayer on cygwin, and an interesting thing happened: gdb won't let me run mplayer with a file!  Anyone have any luck with this on their system?  I would like to be able to do it so I can send in BRs when I find them...  It's also pretty weird, the default behaviour for gdb is to use a gui!

$ gdb mplayer.exe file.avi  (LOTS of dll errors, won't allow mplayer to start.)
$ gdb mplayer.exe           (same, but it gives an mplayer.exe DOS window...)

Any ideas?

/S. Smith