[MPlayer-cygwin] avi with totally garbled picture (Linux is fine)

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Nov 17 23:49:43 CET 2002

Sascha Sommer wrote:

> >I have a sample that has a horribly garbled picture under Cygwin with
> >-vo directx.  Sound is fine and I can play it without problems on Linux.
> >You can download it from here:
> >
> >www-users.rwth-aachen.de/enrique.biurrun/bang.avi
> >
> >Unfortunately I cannot make a screenshot of the DirectX overlay window
> >(or at least I don't know how). Please let me know if you have the same
> >problems.
> >

> Sorry, I can't reproduce. File plays fine with riva128.(yv12 planar
> overlay, too) -vop yuy2 might be a workaround.

Current CVS crashes with -vop yuy2, interested in a backtrace?

It works with -vo directx:noaccel, but my machine is not nearly fast
enough for this (K6-III 500).

> Do other files work? And your soundproblem doesn't exist with this file?

Other files work.  I haven't found a file with perfect sync yet.

> I guess, I shouldn't only test on this old machine with win98...

Oh yes, please upgrade to Windows 2000, nobody cares about win98 anymore...

Diego