[MPlayer-cygwin] avi with totally garbled picture (Linux is fine)

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Thu Nov 14 02:29:53 CET 2002

> Hi!
>
> I have a sample that has a horribly garbled picture under Cygwin with
> -vo directx.  Sound is fine and I can play it without problems on Linux.
> You can download it from here:
>
> www-users.rwth-aachen.de/enrique.biurrun/bang.avi
>
> Unfortunately I cannot make a screenshot of the DirectX overlay window
> (or at least I don't know how). Please let me know if you have the same
> problems.
>
> Diego
>
> Attached is the mplayer -v output:

I have the same problem with some files, not sure which ones exactly, but using the below cmdline it goes away.

mplayer -vo directx:noaccel filename.avi
Works also with -ao win32 added to the above with decent speed for me.  It does 'sort of' defeat the purpose of the great overlay, but it works until that can be fixed.  And without making a screenshot, it is hard to describe.  My best summation of the picture:
"2-3 copies of the frames, but instead of the clear frame, it is lines going across from bottom-left leaning upwards a few pixels to the right edge.  Many of the lines are green, and you can tell there is motion in the frames."  That sound about right to you?

/S. Smith