[MPlayer-cygwin] That pesky config.mak:SDL_LIB/SDL_INC thing

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Thu Nov 7 00:16:15 CET 2002

Hello,

Well, I went back to the 2.95.3-5 gcc instead of using the newer/buggier 3.2 on my cygwin install, and it seems to help with things immensely.  I also have a suggestion for the docs for fixing that '-mwindows -mno-cygwin etc' thing that goes into config.mak.  Since I went back to the older gcc, I had to recompile my SDL and aalib yet again so they would link correctly with mplayer and other apps.  Below is my configure cmdline I used for SDL, and I made several changes to several files.

./configure --with-gnu-ld --disable-debug --disable-joystick --disable-file --disable-alsa \
--disable-esd --disable-arts --disable-nas --disable-diskaudio --disable-mintaudio \
--disable-video-x11-dgamouse --disable-video-dga --disable-video-photon --disable-video-fbcon \
--disable-video-directfb --disable-video-ps2gs --enable-video-ggi --enable-video-aalib \
--disable-video-xbios --disable-video-gem --disable-video-opengl --disable-stdio-redirect \
--enable-directx --enable-dlopen

SDL-1.2 topdir
sdl-config:
Make basically the same changes here that we have been making to config.mak, should read (line numbers are approx:
48:      echo $includes -I${prefix}/include/SDL -Uunix -mcygwin
52:      echo $libdirs -lSDL -mwindows -mcygwin
(If directx is enabled, not sure if not enabled)
57:      echo $libdirs -lSDL -mcygwin   -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinmm -ldxguid

Makefile:
102:SDL_CFLAGS =  -Uunix -mcygwin
106:SDL_LIBS = -lSDL -mcygwin
113:STATIC_SYSTEM_LIBS =   -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinmm -ldxguid
114:SYSTEM_LIBS =   -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinmm -ldxguid

I guess long story short is to take out any reference to SDLmain, SDL_main, -lmingw32, -I/usr/include/mingw32, etc in any file that says to use it, and it works fine.  YMMV, it works for me.

Any questions, let me know.  I can't really make a patch for this (yet) since I don't have anything to go by for 'old' files.

Also, should I try to make a patch to use aalib-config instead of just the normal 'test' for aa?

/S. Smith