[MPlayer-cygwin] Compiling the GUI

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Tue Aug 27 22:11:25 CEST 2002

> Mmmm these messages seems Ok... Indeed the '-c' flag makes the compiling,
> not the linking ! (or I'm totally wrong)
>
> --
> Flash

I do understand that, but when it DOES the linking, it doesn't have all it needs
to link, and it appears it is due to it not including $(GTK_LIBS) in the main
makefile when linking.  I added that to the $(PRG) target and it doesnt give
the undef's anymore, but it seems to need -lpng added as well.  Seems to be
only a problem for CYGWIN host, as it compiles fine on my home box fine with out
these added.  After adding that to the CFLAGS for cygwin and gui, it
compiles fine, but of course gives an error about shm for X11.  Seems win32 X11
doesn't have shm support.
Error: "The procedure entry point shmat could not be located in the dynamic link library libX11.dll."

So unless there is a way to use X11 w/o shm, there is no point at the current
time to use the gui on cygwin.

/S. Smith

/S. Smith