[MPlayer-cygwin] Fwd: Re: [mpeg2-dev] This might offend you?

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Mon Aug 19 23:03:42 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sascha Sommer" <saschasommer at freenet.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:31:15 +0200
To: <mplayer-cygwin at mplayerhq.hu>
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-cygwin] Fwd: Re: [mpeg2-dev] This might offend you?

> > Which version of DX does your code require ?
> >
> > The more recent version I found is DX6, and the more recent version of the
> > docs is DX5 :)
> > (because I wanted to do that too.. but haven't any time :)
> >
> I use the dx7 heders and have DX8 installed.
> But my code should work with all versions >3

Do you mean that people stuck (for whatever reason) on NT4, which is limited to dx3.1 (which technically IS
>3) will not be able to use the code?  Or am I reading more into this than implied?  I only need to know due
to the fact that here at work, where I use cygwin on NT4, I will still not be able to use it.  Once they decide (or IF they decide) to upgrade their licenses to 2K it will not matter, for me, but other users may only have NT4 as well.
As far as being !dep on VC++, that is WONDERFUL for us cygwin users :)

> Sascha Sommer

/S. Smith