[MPlayer-cygwin] Playing DVD on Windows Me

Joey Parrish joey at yunamusic.com
Thu Aug 8 04:57:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 08:03:28AM +0800, Sycotic Smith wrote:
> > First, PLEASE tell your mail agent to wrap lines at 70
> > characters or so.  It's impossible to read your mails
> > as plaintext without inserting line-breaks myself.
> As I have said to many other people, I have NO control over wrapping lines on my WEB-BASED email.  I have set avery option and it continues to wrap however it feels.  Also as I have said many times, I don't complain because it is a FREE service.

You could insert them yourself by hitting return, mind you.
But nevermind, I won't mention it again.  My apologies.

> > Second, what on earth are you talking about?
> > There's NO need to rename or move ANYTHING.
> > --disable-mpdvdkit IS IN CONFIGURE.
> > If you missed it, look again.
>
> For whatever the reason, this option DOES NOT disable it, but disables libdvdread because it detects mpdvdkit.

------------------------------------

./configure --disable-mpdvdkit
[...]
Checking for DVD support (libmpdvdkit) ... no
Checking for DVD support (libcss - old style) ... no
Checking for DVD support (libdvdread - new style) ... no
Checking for DVD support (libdvdnav) ... no
[...]
  Disabled optional drivers:
      Input: tv-v4l tv-bsdbt848 dvdnav dvdread dvdcss mpdvdkit

There's nothing wrong with the option.
This behavior is the same on both a standard linux distro
as well as a standard cygwin distro.  Please check to
make sure you haven't been typing it wrong, then send the
relevant part of configure.log so someone can tell you what
your trouble is.

--Joey

--

"All you need is love." -- Darth Vader