[MPlayer-cygwin] Playing DVD on Windows Me

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri Aug 2 00:42:21 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle at yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 19:38:18 +0200 (CEST)
To: mplayer-cygwin at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-cygwin] Playing DVD on Windows Me

>  --- Julien WAJSBERG <flash at minet.net> a écrit : > Which video output
> do you use ?
> > (-vo ?)
> >
> tried with xv (it's the default, so no -vo flag)
> and -vo x11. same result. and no error message in the log.

Have you tried with SDL? (If you have it...)  SDL seems to be the best vo on my system here, it's only a 900mhz.  But I don't have a DVD drive to check that part.  You may want to try installing libdvdread (mplayer suggested version) and disable libmpdvdkit.  The only way I got that to compile though was to rename the libmpdvdkit folder to something else during configure, then rename it back before running make.  I will be sending an email to the -dev-eng list letting them know there is no --disable-mpdvdkit in configure, and it is needed for other libs when compiling.

Good luck!
/S. Smith