[MPlayer-cygwin] SDL, GGI.. and ? :)

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri Aug 2 00:32:44 CEST 2002

> >  1. [snip]
> For archiving, it compiles with the directx headers on the libsdl site :)
> (I don't know if it works yet, though :)
> Links on http://www.libsdl.org/extras/win32/cygwin/README.txt

Thanks for the reminder.  For it to even compile for me on NT4, I had to change the DIRECTX_VERSION to 0x0300 instead of 5.  NT4 only works with UP TO version 3.1.  ;)
> > 2. Enabling Xv (still not working on my system, don't have Xv support on my video card) is pretty simple.
> > In configure, the detection seems to be backwards, I sent a patch for it, look through the archives of -dev-eng if this doesn't make sense.
> > Line 2168 of configue needs to read:
> >   cc_check -lXv $_inc_x11 $_ld_x11 && _xv=yes
> I saw that, and someone replied that it was bad.. and the thread stopped here :)

It may be bad for linux compiling, but it works for me, if I don't put it that way, it doesn't detect.  I also forgot to mention about the portion of the cygwin.txt file where you have to move -lXv to the beginning instead of end.  Could set up configure to do it instead...

> > 3. Yes, output will not show up, and this is normal for a Wind*ws app.  To fix, just remove the -mwindows from the SDL_LIB line in config.mak as well as mingw.
> I did all you said in this message.
> Before that, mplayer didn't link in the last phase. Now it linked, but it
> obviously doesn't work.

What exactly doesn't work?

> Mmmm just watched the config.mak. you said that line 52 should be :
> SDL_LIB = -L/usr/local/lib -lSDL -mwindows -mcygwin

I forgot to remove -mwindows from this line.  My fault.  The -mwindows is what tells it to act like a normal wind*ws app, which does not give any stdout/stderr, unless in debug maybe...

> and line 73 :
> SDL_INC = -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -Dmain=SDL_main -DWIN32 -Uunix
>
> Should I remove -mwindows ?
> (I'm really bad with these conflicting libraries ... :)
>
> --
> Flash

I'm seeing what I can do to get win32 libs working, maybe by the end of next week.  (Sorry, but I am no where close to the level of the original authors...)

/S. Smith