[MPlayer-announce] [ANNOUNCE] MPlayer 1.0pre6 RPMs available

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Dec 31 05:54:51 CET 2004

Hello, everyone.

RPM packages for 1.0pre6(a) are now available. Only for Fedora Core 1 at
this time, sorry. :( If you're impatient, grab the .src.rpm from
http://<mirror>/apt/all/SRPMS.testing/ and rebuild. The rest will follow
up after New Year, when I get back. Oh, and I'm dropping support for Red
Hats 8.0 and 9. As usual, please allow one day for the mirrors to sync up.

Changes for this release include:
- reorganized and simplified package layout (no more mplayer-common)
- GUI requires the default skin (fixes APT deps resolution)
- added S3 Savage VIDIX driver
- added VIA CLE266 VIDIX driver
- enabled menu by default
- added Czech and Swedish manpages
- converted manpages to UTF-8 on newer RedHats and Fedora
- rebuilding requires make 3.80
- optional LIVE.com support
- fixed build with freedesktop

Leech from the following mirrors: