[MPlayer-advusers] HDTV samples

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at rainbow.studorg.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 24 01:13:24 CET 2009

Hi!

I'd like to post three links to HDTV recordings that all
. Play fine with vlc
. Play fine with ffplay
. Transcode fine with ffmpeg
and desync immediately with mplayer, no matter if -correct-pts or -fps 100
are used or not.

(Since there were misunderstandings in the past:
This is not about "off by one frame", but "off by hundreds of frames
every minute", so it also doesn't matter that all three samples are not
very good when it comes to "how do I see if the sample is exactly
synced?")

http://x264.nl/h.264.samples/force.php?file=./apr.2008/04-11_12-32-52_BravaHDTV_Europakonzert_vpid_515.ts
(When the flute player is seen at the end of the sample, exact
synchronisation can be seen with all other programs)
http://x264.nl/h.264.samples/force.php?file=./premiere-paff.ts
(It can be clearly heard when player wearing white dress -
German readers will forgive me my ignorance - passes from right to left)
incoming/10061_20090322115700.mpg

Carl Eugen