[MEncoder-users] DVD rip (to avi) using mencoder and I want allways to get Swedish subText

Miroslav Rovis miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
Fri Mar 17 13:05:24 EET 2017

On 170312-11:32+0100, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> On 2017-03-08 00:37 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> > > Yes it is. And I'll be missing it if it were to be extinguished... Really!
> >
> > As some of you may have noticed, a lot of us developers barely
> > have time to read the mailing lists.
> > So that means there is no way we can fix all the crazy issues
> > that you get with loads of users trying to use MEncoder for
> > "everything" :)
> > If it's only a reasonable number of users that mostly use
> > it for things that worked before, then if you are willing
> > to ping people a bit you have a chance of still getting help.
> > Kind of a matter of setting expectations and reducing workload
> > so that the team (well, for MEncoder I might be the only one
> > willing to look at it) with the limited time it has available has
> > a chance to live up to them.
> > "Not maintained" meaning "avoid relying on it if you can".
>
> Given a good report and especially if it worked before,
> I am also willing to have a look at MEncoder.
>
> But the chances for me to successfully fix things in MEncoder
> are far lower.

I'd like to thank our developers for replying to our discussion!

I'd be interested if there are any other Mencoder users that record on
composite channel of an old hardware like mine
(
see my previous mail in this thread:
or look it up at:
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mencoder-users/2017-January/013597.html
)

And *I'll certainly be back with a report* if it should happen that it
wouldn't work anymore (without pretending any right to support, of
course, I've used FOSS long enough to be thankful when support is there,
and accepting humbly when it is lacking).

I'll be back because I usually record for hours daily on composite
channel of my old hardware with Mencoder, and I would feel it to be
sorely missing if the functionality were to be extinguished.

And if anybody would like to try and use the method that I apply, and
can't get it done on their own, they can write to the list, *be patient
waiting for the reply*, and I might be of help to them.

Regards!
--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia