[MEncoder-users] DVD rip (to avi) using mencoder and I want allways to get Swedish subText

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Mar 8 01:37:06 EET 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 07:49:59PM +0100, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
> On 170113-18:11+1100, Bill Crockett wrote:
> > > Was there any info on the subscribe page that state that it is no longer
> > > valid?
> >
> > Don't misunderstand this.  MEncoder is still valid and works to some extent.
> Yes it is. And I'll be missing it if it were to be extinguished... Really!

As some of you may have noticed, a lot of us developers barely
have time to read the mailing lists.
So that means there is no way we can fix all the crazy issues
that you get with loads of users trying to use MEncoder for
"everything" :)
If it's only a reasonable number of users that mostly use
it for things that worked before, then if you are willing
to ping people a bit you have a chance of still getting help.
Kind of a matter of setting expectations and reducing workload
so that the team (well, for MEncoder I might be the only one
willing to look at it) with the limited time it has available has
a chance to live up to them.
"Not maintained" meaning "avoid relying on it if you can".