[MEncoder-users] Eqivalent ffmpeg command for -vf expand

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Feb 26 06:59:55 CET 2016

Hi Bill,

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 15:42:07 +1100, Bill Crockett wrote:
> Is there an equivalent "-vf expand" command in ffmpeg please?

I think the "pad" filter is what you're looking for in ffmpeg. ("-vf
pad"):
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#pad-1

> Also, does ffmpeg have a mailing list like MPlayer / MEcoder?  If so,
> where is the link to join please?

Oh, yes, certainly, and that list is very active (as is ffmpeg
development):

ffmpeg-user mailing list

Welcome over! ffmpeg is a breeze to use, and its syntax is much more
consistent than mencoder's. If you find an mencoder use case not covered
by ffmpeg, don't hesitate to mention it there.

Cheers,
Moritz