[MEncoder-users] Convert MTS to MP4: Video and audio out of sync

Bill Crockett wsc4 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 13 16:21:54 CEST 2016

The MTS extension file is a high-definition MPEG Transport Stream video
format used by Sony, Panasonic and other HD camcorders. It is based on the
MPEG-2 transport stream and supports 720p and 1080i HD video formats. MTS
files are opened and edited using the software included with Sony and
Panasonic HD camcorders. Looking for how to open mts files? Checkout
http://www.openthefile.net/extension/mtsThe MTS extension file is a
high-definition MPEG Transport Stream video format used by Sony, Panasonic
and other HD camcorders. It is based on the MPEG-2 transport stream and
supports 720p and 1080i HD video formats.

Using MEncoder about 3 years ago, I tried to convert DVB videos from a PVR
which uses the MPEG Transport Stream.  Even with -noskip -mc 0 -vf harddup
and some other tricks, the audio would never be in sync at all.  Usually a
second out.