[MEncoder-users] convert dv type 2 to mp4?

Peter pscientist at inbox.com
Sat Oct 31 08:03:03 CET 2015

On 2015-10-31 12:35 AM, Nick Lawrence wrote:

> I have used dvgrab to extract the video from a mini DV tape, via firewire.
>
> The result is a series of type 2 .dv files, each one a gigabyte in size.
>
> How do I use mencoder to convert the series into a single mp4?
>
> That is, convert from type 2 dv to mp4, and also join them together into a
> single video.

MEncoder hasn't been supported for a long time; you would do better to switch to FFmpeg which can
now do essentially everything that MEncoder could, and more. Google for 'FFmpeg concat' and you will
find the syntax. It will be something along the lines of
ffmpeg -i concat:'file1.dv|file2.dv' -y output.mp4

--
Peter