[MEncoder-users] Ripping Vobsub doesnt stop after track end and all pictures are black

felix at klaftenegger.de felix at klaftenegger.de
Thu Nov 26 19:26:04 CET 2015

I have problems ripping Vobsub from a dvd or .vob file.

If i trying to rip it from a dvd directly mencoder is never stopping
ripping (longes try 8 Hours of content in the .idx file).

The tested tracks are only 45-59 minutes long so there chould not be 8
Hours of content. Im right?

If i trying to rip from a .vob file extracted with mplayer mencoder is
stopping after the right time but the outputfile .sub is all black.

Mencoder version
MEncoder SVN-r37561-4.8 (C) 2000-2015 MPlayer Team

Command:

mencoder dvd://1 -nosound -ovc frameno -o /dev/null -slang de -sid 0
-vobsuboutindex 0 -vobsuboutid de -vobsubout subtitleout

output: http://pastebin.com/0DNqXHYd

mplayer dvd://1 -identify                          <

output: http://pastebin.com/qdn1EQwL

I have tried other dvds too. Same resulte.

Importanted to know:

I running this on an android system. Mplayer 1.2 chould be compiled
without modifications.
I also have tried the same commandes with a Mplayer 1.1.4 patched to
compile for android. Same resulte.