[MEncoder-users] Opening Local SDP files with mencoder

Ben Barker ben at bbarker.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 16:49:33 CET 2014

No luck (see below) - same when I try the sdp file directly with no
protocol handler...hmmmm

mencoder ffmpeg://test.sdp -o test.mp4
MEncoder SVN-r36784-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2014 MPlayer Team

WARNING: OUTPUT FILE FORMAT IS _AVI_. See -of help.
libavformat version 55.29.101 (internal)
success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x86
libavformat file format detected.
Using network protocols without global network initialization. Please use
avformat_network_init(), this will become mandatory later.
Using network protocols without global network initialization. Please use
avformat_network_init(), this will become mandatory later.
Using network protocols without global network initialization. Please use
avformat_network_init(), this will become mandatory later.
LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author!
===
Cannot open demuxer.

Exiting...